Friday, September 01, 2006


was cracking on this week with some paperwork and admin when yesterday I had a really difficult conversation with someone and ended the day on a real low. This morning I got up feeling not much better and was beginning to give into that aweful disease that clergy especially seem to suffer from - taking myself too seriously. Went swimming with the family today to Newport Leisure Centre. Not a bad pool - its got a wave machine and a slide. Went down the slide and as I did I felt a weight lift from me; I felt a sudden burst of joy and relief as I let go. Was praying with my mate Rob afterwards and he text me a reworking of Psalm 119:32 - it goes like this "I slide down the water chute of your commands for you have set my heart free." Thank God for swimming pools and water chutes and for his freedom.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?