Friday, January 20, 2006

peanut

Phil has a peanut allergy.......more about that it in a moment.

Don't you hate it when you plan your week and people cancel things or circumstances mean you have to pull out of stuff. Was supposed to preach at Wycliffe College in Stroud but cos our motor is dodgy and can't go on motorways....I had to pull out. Was supposed to do an assembly at Toby's school this morning and the head had double booked us. was supposed to meet someone at lunch time today and they pulled out yesterday. Getting the picture? Anyway young Phil came round last for a meeting about the next Lab and we ordered Indian take away and two mouthfuls in he stops eating and his face/mouth starts swelling up. He tells us that it is not a serious reaction but after phoning his Mum we all decide a trip to A and E is in order. The people at the hospital were great and plugged him to a few machines and gave him some serious injections and at about 12.15 this morning we arrived home. He is fine and is sleeping it all off upstairs. sometimes missing a meeting seems like a big deal. Last night put things into perspective. I think I get a bit paranoid still about what people think.......I think that they will think good of me if I have a full diary and attend lots of meetings. Actually most people don't think like this and if they do they are very sad people....busyness is a killer. Not am I busy but am I fruitful?

Steer clear of the nuts!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?