Sunday, December 04, 2005

uwcn_welsh_logo

well the chaplaincy meeting on Friday at the Uni was all a bit confusing...need to talk it through with someone...best not to try and unpack it here!

yesterday hung out with my best mate from London Bible college days. Crusty Pope otherwise known as Chris. His two smashing girls came too. They left this morning before Church.....some friendships can actually survive years of no contact. Weird or what? Crusty if you read this....thanks for being a good mate and sharing some good theological insights with me....most refreshing.

And I have jsut got in with the family from the diocesan Youth Eucharist Service held this time in Usk. All good and interesting. I spoke and led the service. bout 150 people there....anyway a bit too tired to unpack that now too!

L and I have celebrated 12 years of married bliss today!

tomorrow mark and rosalee balfour come for a chat, pray and nose about Newport. Nice one! (mark and i kicked off the fountain alt worship experience in Gloucester together)

random (ish) thought: no clergy/pastors should ever tick 'their people' off for not being at a service....if not many people turn up, don't do a service next time or try something different! (Leave a comment if you disagree)

uwcn_english_logo

Comments:
Hope no scars from the chaplaincy meeting...Enjoy your day with the Balfours.Hugs to all from me (including one for your anniversary :-))
And no, I don't disagree with you re not ticking people off re non appearance, but I do struggle with how we convey that we have missed someone (surely a Good Thing to do) without them interpreting it as a telling off....I get really twitchy when people start a sentence "Sorry I wasn't in church...."
I'm only sorry if their not being in church means they've not been connecting with God...Oh well.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?