Saturday, July 03, 2004

down in the lowlands at the moment. feeling nervy as well about my hospital appointment
the street bible gives a good working of psalm 40:

I waited, waited quiet, quite calm;
he turned towards me, grabbed my arm
pulled me up from the cesspool's hold,
away from the filth, mud, the cold.
He stood me firm on solid rock
a place no one dare knock
He taught me a brand-new song to sing
spot on for the only true King.

Charlie Peacock wrote a song called lowlands.
Makes a nifty little prayer if life seems crappy
"Could this be it
could I be drowning
Have I failed to be heard by the Only one
who can save me
Show me some mercy and touch me again
please lift me up above where I am
My eyes have failed me
from looking for you
My eyes have failed me
from looking for you
I'm looking for you
down in the lowlands where the water is deep
hear my cry, hear my shout
save me save me."
Jesus is my Lord and Saviour.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?